Spring Cleaning - The Fun Way!
For people like us, spring cleaning is a time where you get to start over and begin a new chapter with a clean and fresh home. For others, it's just another annoying thing they’re obligated to do as a now, ‘adult’. And for some, it simply doesn’t cross their mind. We have tips for all of these types of people from the most excited to the least motivated. Spring cleaning doesn’t always have to feel like a chore.
1. First things first, whenever I lack motivation or guidance, I make a list. Check out our printable spring cleaning checklist to keep you on track throughout your spring cleaning journey.
2. Dance, dance, dance. I don't know about you, but I am by far the most productive when I have some tunes to dance and sing along to. Make a spring cleaning playlist or find one pre-made on Spotify or your choice of music app.
3. I think one of the most dreaded parts of spring cleaning is having to do it alone. Grab some family/ friends and make it a spring cleaning party! You even do a bring five, take five exchange where everyone brings 5 items they don’t need or use anymore and leaves with 5 items of someone else’s.
4. If the hubby or kids are unmotivated to pitch in with the spring cleaning efforts, input a rewards system! Grab some reusable bags and toss in a paper with a task and a paper with a prize. To get the prize, they must first complete the task.
5. Vodka?!?! Who knew spring cleaning could be so much fun? Use vodka as a natural disinfectant and deodorizer that's great at scrubbing away mold and mildew in your bathroom or kitchen. Why not pour yourself a drink while you’re at it!
6. For all the shopaholics, use the 1 in, 5 out rule as an excuse to shop and purge at the same time! For every 5 items you donate, you get to purchase 1 thing for yourself. This way, you cut your useless items in half and still get some fun out of it!
7. Too many papers? Too many sticks? After doing yard work and ridding the house of all the useless piles of papers and envelopes make a campfire with some smores to relax, give yourself a pat on the back and cathartically burn away the mess. Just make sure you’ve looked everything over first! Wouldn’t want you burning the bills!
We truly hope these tips helped to make your spring cleaning more enjoyable! Don’t forget to check out our spring cleaning checklist to help keep you motivated and on track while having fun!